Mommy Day

10/09/2009 05:39:00 AM

So yesterday I had a Mommy Day. It started around 2pm with a cut and color at JCPenny. I actually feel like a real human being again. My roots were getting really bad and the ends of my hair were so split and dry - I look a million times better. :)

I also got to go out for 3 hours in the evening and hang out with some mom friends. My friend Christina had decided to start a mom's group - for us to get out one night a month and talk to other moms. It was a ton of fun. I had 2 glasses of wine and relaxed and laughed and had a wonderful time.

When I came home Nate and Danika were asleep and the babies had just been fed. I got to relax a little more before bed. The night wasn't great - the boys are still having trouble sleeping in their co-sleeper and keep finding their way into our bed...which is driving me nuts for so many reasons - but I'm too tired to deal with. I'm thinking it may be time to put them in their crib. I'm dreading making 90 trips to their room each night, though. UGH.

This weekend we will be getting the babies baptized. I'm looking forward to it being over. I know that is an awful thing to say - but a lot of "things" have been going on around here and I need to focus on getting things in order before I go back to work. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and going back, but I also know that it's gonna take a bit for me to get everything together to do it. I also don't plan parties well - and I get nervous (really nervous) about having everything be perfect. My mom and mom-in-law have been doing most of the planning and getting everything together - which is wonderful and stressful at the same time. It's great that I don't have a lot to worry about - but stressful that I don't know if everything is ready.

It'll be over before I know it - and then I will have to get things together for the next event. The next 3 months are chalk full of them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe