Yes - I have a lot on my mind...

7/10/2009 07:17:00 AM

So - my To-Do list is just getting bigger. I want to get so much done before the twins get here. (I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow!) However, I can't do anything by myself! I can't carry laundry up or down the steps. I can't get on my hands and knees and scrub floors. I can't paint. I can't be on my feet for too long without starting to feel pain. It sucks! Nesting was so much easier when I was only carrying 1 baby. :)

I am starting to get a little more excited and nervous about the reality that we are going to be bringing 2 babies home from the hospital. It was fun to tell everyone we were having twins. It has been a lot of fun watching people's reaction when I tell them I'm due late August/early September...then tell them I'm having twins - I'm HUGE and they just can't believe I'm not due next week! I know it will be fun having visitors dote over the new little ones. I know that there will be a lot of people who want to come visit - help - hold my babies. The reality of it is, though, that at bed time DH and I are going to have to try to swing it on our own. 4 little ones - 2 at midnight feedings...(and probably 9pm and 3am, too!)...I'm fully expecting it to be exhausting for a while. I'm hoping to get a routine in place early. I know that I should start right now with the 2 I have now...and I am trying - but it's so hard in the summer because so much goes on...fireworks, vacations, day trips, staying out late at friends/family. I'm hoping it will all fall into place...but who knows.

I'm also nervous about work - I don't have anything really prepared for a sub...whoever she may be! Plus, Nate starts school this fall. Talk about timing - his first day is Sept. 8th...I'll be 38 weeks (which is when they'll induce me) on Sept. 9th!!! I'm hoping to go a little bit earlier than that - but I know I don't have much say in the matter.

Then there is the to have a c-section or try for a vaginal birth question. Baby A is head down and ready to go - Baby B is breech. So...my options, as given to me by the last OB I saw, are that I can deliver Baby A vaginally and then they can see if Baby B will flip...or they can try flipping him. If he does flip I can deliver him vaginally, too. If he doesn't then I'll have to have a c-section to deliver Baby B. She also said that I could request a c-section because Baby B is breech. She said that we would talk more about it if Baby B stayed breech. Which it is looking like he is going to stay that way. So - there is that whole thing to think about.

With all that - it's no wonder I can't fall asleep at night! Kicking babies aren't helping either! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe