Meal Plan Monday - First Edition

10/17/2010 10:07:00 PM

So - I'm currently in that place where things are suppose to go back to normal but don't feel normal at all.  I'm sure that is normal when you are dealing with a loss.  The funeral for Memaw was a wonderful tribute to her amazing life.  All the branches of her family tree were represented and those who were unable to be here extended their thoughts and prayers.  Parts of my blog post about Memaw were even worked into the eulogy that her grandson, Bobbie, read.  I think Memaw would have been really happy that her family was together to celebrate her life.  We had dinner at my sister-in-law, Lori's, house on Tuesday.  It was full of laughter and memories and Chicken and Halusky.  :)  (FYI - that isn't Memaw's recipe...but how cool is it that there is a Slovak Cooking website!?!)  We went back to Memaw's house after the funeral on Thursday and took a picture with everyone who was there - if you are reading this and you have a copy PLEASE send one to me...I didn't have my camera!  :(  We looked at pictures and talked about what wonderful memories we have of Memaw and her home.


 I had a wonderful day with my grandmother who is visiting from Florida yesterday!  We went to the mall and the new five below store (which was a pretty neat store!).  We had an amazing dinner of homemade sauce and roast and ziti...mmmm.  Today, we ate some halupky (again, not the right recipe...but you get the idea) that Memaw and my mother-in-law had made and frozen.  They were delicious.  


Now...it's suppose to be back to normal, right?   Doesn't feel right.  To top it all off, my kiddos are sick!  I hear coughing and hacking upstairs...ugh.  I already made the necessary phone calls to inform everyone that Nate will not be going to school.  We are taking a sick day and I'm hoping that a vaporizer and some extra Vitamin C will whip us into shape!  What a way to start a week!  


I did, however, have to time to make a menu plan this weekend, go shopping and only forget 2 things! I thought that I would share it as part of Meal Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie since I've been LOVING looking at other menus posted by bloggers.  So...without further blabbing by me...I give you:







Monday:  Easy Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes - I LOVE sharing this recipe.  My entire family (even my pickiest eater, Nate) LOVES eating this meatloaf.  My father-in-law isn't crazy about it because it is probably a little too plain for him...he puts raisins, green olives, corn flakes and whatever else he can find in his.  :)

Tuesday:  America's Favorite Pot Roast (from Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes) - Tuesdays are CRAZY around here...so I like to have something that Jerry can throw in the slow cooker and have ready for us to eat when I get home from work at 3:45 before I have to leave to take the kids to CCD at 4:45.  :)

Wednesday:  Pizza Pasta Casserole (from Dinner on a Dime) - This isn't the exact recipe I use...but it is close.  The cool thing about this recipe is that it is in the Freezer Pleaser section of the cookbook and I basically double the recipe and freeze 1/2 of it for another day.  Frozen, these are great for Tuesdays when Jerry is in charge of dinner, too!

Thursday:  This is my leftover day...or the day I will make/eat something that I didn't cook earlier in the week or the day I may get lucky enough to stay at my mother-in-law's for dinner when I go to pick up the kids after work!  :)

Friday:  Sausage and Rice Casserole (from Dinner on a Dime) - Again, not the exact recipe but close AND this is another 2 for 1 deal.  I'll freeze 1/2 of this for a later dinner.  Bonus - everyone LOVED this the last time I made it!  :)

Saturday:  Whole Roasted Chicken in the convection oven!  I'm super excited about this because my grandma gave me 2 cookbooks with convection oven recipes to go with the convection oven she passed on to me that she wasn't using much.  I use my convection oven roughly once a day!  I love throwing things in it that I would rather bake than nuke but don't feel like turning the oven on for!

Sunday:  Chili - Jerry doesn't know it yet...but he's making Chili for the game this Sunday!  :)  I will make the cornbread.  (Click on the Corn Bread link and request your free Jiffy Mix cookbook!)


P.S. - I think that something funky is going on with my Intense Debate Comment Form and this blog layout.  If you can't find a way to comment, try going to the main blog page and then click on the Comments link...or am I crazy?  Anyone having a problem?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe