Just what I needed - if you have children you should watch this!!

2/20/2010 07:03:00 PM

This morning I started typing a post about how quiet my house was - about how peaceful it sounded.  My "big kids" were up at my parents' house and the "little guys" were still asleep.  I got about half way through the post when Dean woke up...with another fever.  I knew then that the rest of the day - and the post I'd started to write - wasn't going keep going the way it started.  I called the doctor and ended up rushing over there and leaving with a diagnosis of Acute Bronchiolitis/Resp Sync Virus and an Albuterol inhaler.

The rest of the day was kind of shot.  There was me trying to keep a very uncomfortable, cranky baby happy while also trying to do the few things I had on my MUST do list - switch laundry, take out garbage, empty dishwasher.  Then there were trips to the potty with Danika (who is starting to really catch on - but 1/2 the time goes just for the chocolate!)...bottles...medicine...diapers...drinks and snacks.  I was relieved when my parents stopped back down to help with Dean's second dose of Albuterol.  I was able to unload and load the dishwasher and breath for a few minutes while they were here.  Jerry showed up shortly after they left and I was able to just hold my sick baby while he slept for a while.

I started to think about my lost blog post. I jumped on to my Google Reader and read To The Max and Ellen's post...I cried...I decided I HAVE to share it with you.  If you have children...no matter what age...you should watch this.  You will probably cry or at the very least get a little bit choked up.  I'm sorry - but it is the perfect ending to the day I had...The Gift of an Ordinary Day.




You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe