Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Will Always Love You

Okay - so I didn't get too much into the Whitney Huston funeral.  I was very surprised when I heard that she had passed away.  I don't really want to know all the details or the hows or whys.  I have a lot of memories of Whitney's music growing up.  Let's face it, when she had it . . . she had it!  But it's been several years since I've really thought that she had it.  Her story (her decline) is really very sad.

All that being said, I still felt a small sense of sadness that someone who played a role in my childhood (even if it was only providing the music to "How Will I Know" so I could dance around like a nut with my friends) was gone.

So - I will say RIP Whitney. Thank you for all of the fun times I had dancing around to your music...this is a lot more my taste now, though.  I think I still have you to thank for this - you and Dolly Parton.